The New Zealand women's soccer team will be at full strength when they take on Papua New Guinea in a home-and-away tie to decide Oceania's representatives at the London Olympics.

The 20-strong squad includes 12-overseas based players, including six from the German Bundesliga.

The first leg is in Whangarei on Saturday and the return in Port Moresby next Wednesday.

Papua New Guinea reached the playoff after finishing first in a preliminary tournament in Tonga this month.

The Football Ferns were seeded through to this stage after winning the Oceania region's 2011 Women's World Cup qualifiers with five wins out of five, scoring 50 goals while conceding none and beating PNG 11-0 in the final.

Last Sunday, the New Zealand Under-23 men's team won their Oceania qualifying event to book their place in the Olympics.

New Zealand women's soccer team to face Papua New Guinea:

Goalkeepers - Jenny Bindon (Hibiscus Coast), Rebecca Rolls (Fencibles United).

Defenders - Katie Bowen (Glenfield Rovers), Hannah Bromley (Glenfield Rovers), Abby Erceg (Adelaide United), Anna Green (Leipzig, Germany), Ria Percival (Frankfurt, Germany), Ali Riley (Malmo, Sweden), Rebecca Smith (Wolfsburg, Germany).

Midfielders - Katie Hoyle (Bad Neuenahr, Germany), Annalie Longo (Three Kings United), Holly Patterson (Claudelands Rovers), Betsy Hassett (University of California Berkeley), Hayley Moorwood (Chelsea, England), Kirsty Yallop (Vittsjo, Sweden).

Forwards - Sarah Gregorius (Bad Neuenahr, Germany), Amber Hearn (Jena, Germany), Sarah McLaughlin (Claudelands Rovers), Rosie White (UCLA), Hannah Wilkinson (Glenfield Rovers).

NZ Newswire

More Sport News

Souths recruit Robbie Farah will probably give as good as he gets in the sledging stakes against his former NRL team Wests Tigers, says teammate John Sutton.

Sapporo (Japan) (AFP) - A fanciful idea that started out as a joke among young members of one of Malaysia's most prominent families has snowballed into a fully fledged ski team and dreams of Olympic …

Parramatta forward Kenny Edwards has been stood down indefinitely by the NRL club after pleading guilty to spraying water and alcohol over his former partner.